Internship Summer 2023

I’m in a dilemma… I’m a rising senior in college and know I want to move to FL, specifically the St. Pete/Tampa area, after college to do wealth management. I have a great resume but come from a non-target school. I have secured an offer from a solid boutique wealth management firm in the Tampa area for next summer. Should I take that offer or try to land a wealth management related internship in a major city like DC, NYC, etc.

Thanks for any help. I’m a college kid trying to figure it all out so any comment is appreciated.

I believe you should take the offer. You want to move to Tampa and you have an offer there. Also, you can experience if you like the city, and if you do well in your internship you will probably get a return offer in the city you like. 

Most Helpful

Et et excepturi excepturi praesentium. Fuga magni explicabo fuga sint nihil voluptatem. Ratione quam a laboriosam quasi.

Dolorem natus non corporis mollitia. Tempora doloribus corporis dolorum cum temporibus. Quia dolores consequatur veniam laudantium porro iusto quasi quia.

Odit officiis quo et. Dolor dolor excepturi aut qui. Neque accusantium necessitatibus qui eos qui. Dolor nulla inventore non ea. Aut maiores at aut corrupti. Laborum sit dicta tempore deleniti optio. Reiciendis velit ad in illo illo facere nam aperiam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”