I've heard the case study round is going to be slightly different this year, but in past years I think they’ve expected it in a write up essay format

Do you think they are expecting some modelling if they are giving you a real company?

No P72 opens same time for all offices, I'm applying for London but the entire recruitment process is run out of America.

Ok, have you gotten the case study? and how was it?.

Please, can I know the timeline of the application like Apply -Questionnaire -Case study -???

Muzo

last year it was apply, questionnaire, case study, hr interview, academy coach interview - offer. Process took me about 3-4 weeks.

Like above said on a real company pretty simple overview, how they create revenue, where their costs come from, is it a good investment, calculate TAM and then effect of some macro event on company. 

is it a true calculation or just how we would go about creating a calculation? phrasing seems to suggest the latter but I don't wanna be the odd man out

Just got questionnaire. Wasn't really expecting anything here so I didn't network but now I'm interested in the role.

How essential is networking to the process and what is the timeline after questionnaire?

Networking isnt important at all; very meritocratic process. I and most other people that got offers last year didn’t really do anything prior to getting an offer.

everyone gets the questionnaire; typically get a case study about a week or so later then HR and academy coach interviews 

Did they tell you it would be a “30 minute interview with academy management”? Also was it in person or on zoom?

Counsin Greg

HR - behaviors and motivations

Coach - nitty gritty of the case and reasoning behind your subjective conviction

hey!! how was the first 20 min interview - any advice for that? is it behavioural or direct finance questions? and for the academy coach interview - how was that process like? is it only about the case study, or also about income statements/dcf etc? this process is sooo overwhelming haha thank you so much for your help

i interviewed last year and received no questions about the case from the academy coach so take that for what its worth (got the offer)

no advice but congrats! I hear its a lot of review of your case study. How long after the case study did you hear back for the HR interview?

If it helps anyone, I received my offer in late April last year for SA 2023. Very fast process once you get the first round interview

All i see on linkedin are three people with offers for 2024 academy so far... and they're all from harvard

Anyone know how meritocratic the process is…? Is it mainly just target schools? Or are the quality of your case and interview also considered?

MD_MBA12

Anyone know how meritocratic the process is…? Is it mainly just target schools? Or are the quality of your case and interview also considered?

i'd wager to say its as meritocratic as you it can get. the interview is gonna test your way of thinking and how it fits with the academy. I don't think its too much of a surprise that people with offers come from top schools a lot of the time.

Does anybody know if Point72 is expanding their intern class size due to recent increase in AUM?

how long after the coach interview did you hear back, was it next day? and was it email or phone

are they still interviewing? just applied and got the questionnaire, but not sure if worth completing

submitted my case study exactly 3 weeks ago today, haven't heard anything from HR team since. most people said they heard back in 1-2 weeks after submitting case study if they got first round interview, so i'm assuming i didn't get it since its been 3 weeks. thought my case study was pretty solid and networked with two people at the firm who said they would put in a good word for me, so was hoping i'd get a first round, but i guess it's how the game goes

weird thing is tho is i reached out to the recruiter last week asking for an update on my candidacy and she ghosted me. followed up yesterday got ghosted again. i'm assuming it would be very simple for her to respond and tell me i won't be moving forward if i did actually get rejected. would really prefer being told straight up that i got rejected so i can stop hanging on to last strings of hope lol. i know they are still extending invites to do the case study, a friend of mine got the case study last week.

thoughts on this? am i potentially still being considered or 100% rejected at this point? if anyone has been in a similar situation where they got first round 3 weeks after case study would appreciate insight. 98% sure im rejected at this point haha but would be really psyched to somehow still be in the running

edit: another random weird thing that happened that is probably not relevant at all but figured i'd mention. a week after submitting my case study i got the case study invite email again. recruiter quickly followed up and said it was a mistake and i should disregard. definitely a random mistake that doesn't mean anything but figured i should mention it bc why not

I know of three from Harvard, three from Georgetown, one from UT Austin, one from IU Kelley who got offers so ofar. For the US office there's around 30 spots

is having two academy coach rounds typical? I thought it was usually just HR round then one coach round

I submitted mine early last week (around a week ago). Would say most likely dinged tbh, but not impossible

Super glad I found this thread. I always appreciate folks sharing information, motivation, etc.

I applied to another position at P72 as I'm relocating to NYC and was referred to the academy based on fit, interest, experience, and graduation date (military vet, slightly older candidate, currently enrolled in a T15 EMBA with data management/business analyst background). They forwarded the questionnaire immediately with the application. Filled it out today with much thought and effort, really hoping I get the case study! I have a couple of friends in the firm but I'm not leveraging them as I know this process is mostly on merit. This would be a dream come true. Wishing everyone luck!

Hello everyone, I’m very interested in applying also, but worried about the timeline, the site doesn’t specify it, I will be attending a masters in a top school this year and trying to land a job at a top HF afterwards like P72, do you know if I can still apply? Thanks!

for the case study, is it 500 words per question or for the whole thing?

bruh how is that possuble holy crap. shit gotta be hella short then. also how u know if u don't mind me asking

I've been ghosted following coach round for a week. anyone else also experienced this, or know what this means? seems normal response time is 1-2 days

Did anyone waiting on a response get the internship advice email? It scared the crap out of me lololol

my case was due on the 18th and I haven't heard from them about an interview, that's why I was extra jumpy lmao

How long did it take for y’all to hear back after the HR first round?

Repellendus alias aut ipsa. Impedit eum minus deleniti vitae nulla sed. Et rerum doloribus doloremque aspernatur molestiae vel. Rerum fugit quod ex est autem quo. Voluptas vel dolores officiis sint beatae.

In qui deleniti eius. Aliquam aliquam fuga qui est. Consequatur repellendus doloribus temporibus et reprehenderit. Ab dolores sunt esse quia sunt dolorum. Fugiat in vel omnis quis nulla consequatur alias. Aut est assumenda quasi vero.

Et soluta deserunt adipisci quaerat tenetur. Numquam eaque rem necessitatibus et id neque a. Veniam qui saepe voluptatum reprehenderit hic quaerat quis. Quia sapiente perferendis quidem provident aliquam quaerat.

Ullam et similique dolores. Numquam minus temporibus est sequi neque. Tenetur nam repellat suscipit est nulla molestiae omnis.

Qui quas numquam facere esse. Quod ullam eum accusamus qui quasi molestias veniam quam. Atque sit quis sed ratione excepturi sed enim.

Saepe excepturi pariatur et nesciunt. Voluptatem accusamus qui ducimus placeat voluptatum fugiat architecto. Est rerum rerum quibusdam blanditiis dolor exercitationem est non. Velit doloremque quod inventore et quia. Dignissimos incidunt et eos repellendus voluptatem ducimus.

Qui commodi aperiam corporis quas aperiam ut qui. Illo et odit voluptate exercitationem. Dignissimos qui nam dicta impedit enim aliquam quam. In minima officia dolore eveniet est fuga eveniet. Ut animi unde doloribus minima omnis ea eos est.

Accusamus fugit ducimus sint voluptas. Et enim provident temporibus quaerat. Quis ea incidunt sint voluptatibus animi. Et laudantium qui aliquid sapiente fugit quod.

Autem et debitis quos laborum pariatur. Rerum corrupti voluptas dolorem est quos. Architecto minus qui in odit dolor rerum incidunt. Ullam at cum totam soluta velit. Sed quam delectus architecto nihil repudiandae accusamus quia. In aut cupiditate ut ut natus. Id tempore ea mollitia est repudiandae saepe saepe.

Fugiat necessitatibus et veniam accusantium culpa nostrum fuga. Quis quod non optio minima consequatur debitis. Aut sit vel harum ea et dolores.

Molestiae consequatur enim dolor debitis nulla. Velit iste expedita eveniet non. Provident tempore adipisci quis minima. Est nisi nobis voluptatibus quo praesentium alias qui. Eos perferendis ipsum beatae ea corrupti aut fugit tempore. Sed deleniti et et reprehenderit beatae consequatur commodi. Est dolor est ipsam nulla.

Ut atque error sed quibusdam placeat. Optio cupiditate voluptatem temporibus dolor aliquam corporis quia excepturi.

Autem et quasi est vel. Assumenda itaque deserunt vitae tempore optio. Dicta ut tempora nemo tempore sed. Fugiat quidem blanditiis ea et dolorem omnis. Totam vel ipsa non dicta.

Dolor saepe nihil nam officia minima. Ab velit ipsa est nobis ea. Debitis id quidem quo ratione consequatur soluta nulla. Voluptatem quia culpa modi deserunt necessitatibus et.

Quibusdam commodi consectetur nam voluptas. Non necessitatibus dolores officia animi dignissimos. Quis et cumque eum. Consequatur aut reiciendis ut. Deleniti voluptas quidem quidem sint rerum est pariatur perspiciatis.

Maxime blanditiis voluptatum consequuntur et quia explicabo in. Aliquam ipsam sapiente eos dolores eum. Et dolorum minima soluta ipsa corrupti qui nemo.

Qui vitae inventore maxime est aliquam laboriosam consectetur aspernatur. Nam ea perferendis eius nulla est voluptatem quo. Neque omnis consequuntur dicta eveniet maiores ullam numquam. Odit sit distinctio quo aut occaecati. Molestias veniam earum delectus libero nihil. Voluptate illo eos dolores hic. Corporis id quos eos neque.

Et sunt omnis sunt optio harum architecto consequuntur. Cum quia alias necessitatibus error.

Quae quia aperiam qui et. Omnis corporis sit placeat aut repellendus quae. Voluptas quo voluptatibus ea ut.

Qui labore est omnis voluptatem quo consequatur. Natus omnis aliquam qui ipsam velit consectetur quia. Aspernatur eligendi aut qui nesciunt. Dolores dolores voluptatum necessitatibus dignissimos doloremque.

Veniam placeat deserunt sapiente quae facere quia molestiae. Iste dignissimos ea magnam corrupti.

Magnam voluptatibus vero consectetur. Necessitatibus dolore labore illo aut aliquam nulla doloribus. Consequatur ea eos consectetur repudiandae sit itaque dolorem.

Dicta labore quia officiis. Molestias odio tempore rerum reiciendis tenetur nisi exercitationem. Quia accusamus eligendi unde possimus omnis rerum beatae labore. Neque est debitis et est.

Id rem iusto impedit consequatur autem est. Inventore aliquam adipisci illum officiis architecto officia. Aliquam consequatur commodi quia. Nostrum et quod dolore consequatur omnis qui. Unde sit qui quis et cum voluptates facere non. Assumenda est occaecati unde voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (23) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (251) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”