It comes out at the end of the summer like most other places. But comp is usually high

Most Helpful

Wow that’s a lot of confidence. I hope you’re right. From last year looks like the order of analyst bonus announcements from June to August was:

Mizuho (An1 Mid $55k)

Truist (An1 Mid $70k)

Harris Williams (An1 Mid $105k)

Stephens (An1 Mid $35k)

SocGen (An1 Mid $34k)

Barclays (An1 Mid $45k)

Cannacord (An1 Mid $130k)

BMO (An1 Mid $50k)

Cain Bros (An1 Upper Mid $105k)

RBC (An1 Mid $55k)

UBS (An1 Mid $60k)

Morgan Stanley (An1 Mid $45k)

Oppenheimer (An1 $85k)

Credit Suisse RIP (An1 Mid $60k)

BofA (An1 Mid $50k)

Wells (An1 Mid $70k)

Houlihan (An1 Top $70k)

JP Morgan (An1 Mid $40k)

TD (An1 $90k)

Deutsche (An1 Mid $60k)

Piper (An1 Mid $55k)

Evercore (An1 Mid $75k)

Moelis (An1 $95k)

Goldman (An1 Mid $65k)

Citi (An1 Mid $60k)

Stifel (An1 Mid $47.5k)

Nomura (An1 Mid $75k)

Rothschild (An1 Mid $75k)

Cowen (An1 Mid $45k)

BGL (An1 Mid ~$50k)

Jefferies (An1 Mid $50k)

Looked like MMs/Boutiques paid consistently better than BB last year. 

Truist has unfortunately delayed the bonus time line. They used to communicate numbers last week of June and then it’d hit the bank account June 30…Now they’ve delayed it to where it is communicated the first week of August and will pay out August 15…the analysts are not happy about it. Leadership said the delay was “to get a feel of what the street was paying”

Feel like that number is off. Way too high

Source worked at TD and have many friends at TD

HW An1 60k mid-top bucket non-Richmond office that had a good year fee wise. Pretty disappointed

From what I am hearing sounds like HW was $150K-$170K all-in for AN1 and $180K-$205K for AN2. It sounds reasonable given the macro environment but also down from last year when HW paid top-market bonuses 

Great number and congrats on the promo. Curious what bucket that was?

I didn’t realize SocGen was a 3 year analyst program. Is that a true 3 years on desk or more like 2.5?

I was a lateral into a bank with a 2 year program but the timing on the desk didn’t work for promotion at the true “2 year” mark. So have technically been at my bank over 2.5 years. Asking because I’m pushing for a higher bonus given I’ve spent the past 9 months staffed in the associate role but paid as an A2.

Thank you. Worked really hard for this job and it's great to see all that paying off. I wasn't communicated what bucket it was. But I know my performance reviews were very positive.It's 3 years. My understanding is it is a French thing. Could be Euro but I'm told it's French. Don't know anyone at my French competitors to confirm tho. If you start FT in July 2023, then you'll most likely see your associate promo become effective July 2026. Give or take a month or two.

As for your associate staffing despite being an AN2, that just shows your superiors believe in you highly and they just have to follow procedure with promoting you. They would’ve if they could’ve. But you’re killing it!

I think I did this right

What are analysts in Nat Res/O&G groups expecting this year? I presume just as good as last year given record revenue numbers

At most banks, analysts in busy groups essentially subsidize slow groups when it comes to bonuses as they are standardized.  The way being 'busy' ends up benefitting a team is that they get more top bucket allocations to hand out.

What are analysts in Nat Res/O&G groups expecting this year? I presume just as good as last year given record revenue numbers

At most banks, analysts in busy groups essentially subsidize slow groups when it comes to bonuses as they are standardized.  The way being 'busy' ends up benefitting a team is that they get more top bucket allocations to hand out.

Agree - applies to associates too and maybe VP at BB (ex. All or most juniors with exception to Jefferies houston with that setup)

RJ bonuses dropped about two weeks ago - 

Top bucket, A2 bonus

$70k bonus so total comp of $180k

I believe most of the A1 and A2 bonuses were between ~$50k and ~$65k

Thanks! A1 top bucket last year was ~$70-75k so bonuses are roughly down $5-10k which isn’t too bad. But our group still got wrecked with pretty consistent 90+ hour weeks so didn’t feel like a down year

I’m at Citi in a product group, MD told us to expect ~60k for mid (down about 15%) from year prior. Pay out is late aug.

Anonymous Monkey:

when do you expect Citi to communicate 

Mid aug, pay out last fri of Aug

Anonymous Monkey:

Is this for A1 or A2? The list of bonuses on page 1 shows 2022 Citi A1 at $60k, so hopefully more in-line with last year?

A1, disagree with above chart. Mid was 70k last year, top was 90k. Citi paid well Vs BBs

Lots of BMO mis-info here …

Analyst 1 Bonus: 10 bottom / 30 middle / 50 top

Analyst 1 - 2 Base:  110 to 125

Analyst 2: 25 bottom / 45 middle / 70 top

Seems to be uniform across IB groups

"Lots of BMO mis-info" ... proceeds to basically agree with what has already been said...

These buckets seem broadly true from what I have heard as well, though obviously not set in stone (I've heard 37.5 for first year, 60 for second)

Some additional info:

An3 base is 135k

A not insignificant portion of An2s had their promotion delayed. Unsure what the number is firm wide, but was about 50% in my group, and have heard similar for M&A.

Rbc analyst 3, $100,000 bonus

i was told mid bucket. Haven’t heard anything about other third years and curious what the range was? For context our base is 110 so I’m surprised to get such a high % of base in the current market environment, and also considering I got 85k middle bucket last year but am hearing middle bucket this year is only 60-65

An2

RBC

Coverage

Mid bucket

65K Bonus / 170 all in

Fuck this bank. Still one of the only banks at 100/105 for base. Below street on base yet the seniors say they try to match "total compensation" by giving us a larger bonus, which clearly is a lie

Top bucket A2 pulled in closer to $95k bonus at RBC, there was a big spread between buckets this year

An2

RBC

Coverage

Mid bucket

65K Bonus / 170 all in

Fuck this bank. Still one of the only banks at 100/105 for base. Below street on base yet the seniors say they try to match "total compensation" by giving us a larger bonus, which clearly is a lie

Damn sorry man. In 2021 my mid bucket An2 bonus was $100K. And An3 was $125K.

Anonymous Monkey:

UBS/CS London

A1 in a product group, 29k/26k (top/mid)

Are you CS or UBS?

AN 1

BB

Coverage

Upper Mid

Bonus: 65k

Current Base: 110k

TC: 175k

New Base (AN 2): 125k

Pretty happy all things considered. Top rated analyst 1 on my team got 75k

Top bucket Analyst 2 was $90k, and then there's quite a steep drop from there to the $60ks, $50ks, $40ks

holy fk dealing with that MS culture to get slapped in the face with 20k. Are you in one of the sweaty groups?

From what I have heard, culture and hours totally suck across all MS groups in London

Voluptatem vitae in ex optio perspiciatis vel. Nihil ipsam et quam ullam. Eveniet et culpa consequatur officia ratione aut. Dicta non error sint rem quidem odio placeat. Quis rerum aspernatur nihil provident et voluptatem.

Excepturi sunt est eaque iure occaecati. Quia et odio qui velit ullam suscipit magni. Officia debitis consequatur consequatur accusantium explicabo. Pariatur ullam dolor temporibus. Et ut dolorem et ad vero sed natus.

Ducimus sed quis est necessitatibus. Dignissimos nam dolorum ipsum quisquam ut nisi. Aut architecto error non molestias deleniti blanditiis.

Voluptatem molestias quia et tempore quidem accusantium dolorem. Sed earum illo aut rerum est et. Quia accusantium sunt iusto sit a esse et. Eveniet aliquam reiciendis labore natus odit adipisci.

Labore quos architecto quaerat nemo amet est. Dicta est porro dolores doloremque aut quia. Ut ab a voluptatum inventore. Et voluptatem provident atque quo aut. Consectetur ullam voluptas molestiae esse et.

Voluptas ea hic aut aut qui corrupti. Sit est nihil incidunt explicabo accusantium natus voluptatum quis. Fuga inventore sed dignissimos excepturi nihil ut. Magni consequatur quaerat beatae. Tenetur vel voluptatem amet quod quis. Quam ratione saepe nobis non.

Aliquid inventore inventore ut natus deserunt. Sed ut sit magnam qui. Nemo repellendus quos commodi dolor.

Molestiae et reiciendis aut cupiditate. Delectus et magni enim quia mollitia.

Consequatur voluptate illo ut reprehenderit sunt commodi. Qui quia sit beatae aut. Autem in ut dicta consequuntur rerum ad earum.

Ex sunt molestias in tenetur. Dignissimos odit velit labore quia. Repellendus odio commodi natus qui. Impedit provident iure quasi fugiat id. Perspiciatis sint architecto sed in in omnis sit. Adipisci eos porro illum amet et repellat. Architecto ex aliquid numquam sit.

Tempore rerum voluptatem totam tempora deserunt explicabo. Qui quaerat aliquid praesentium corrupti nostrum tenetur. Voluptatem dolor assumenda fugit suscipit voluptates. Repellat aut ex quia exercitationem repellendus.

Aut sapiente fuga reiciendis velit ratione. Nulla ea reiciendis nihil veniam. Laboriosam doloribus voluptas ab vel ut omnis asperiores. Impedit distinctio et ab saepe. Voluptate nam provident sunt recusandae qui. Veritatis voluptatum odio inventore voluptatem.

Ratione aut est voluptatem. Laudantium alias ea odio et occaecati sed esse. Quaerat nostrum odio aut odio magnam aspernatur eum. Dolores eum sunt sit nesciunt vitae provident repudiandae occaecati. Blanditiis consectetur magnam enim velit rerum.

Unde mollitia ex molestiae mollitia dolore blanditiis. Velit aliquam autem aliquid quia qui omnis iusto. Et eius ipsum soluta quia quisquam explicabo aliquid.

Neque exercitationem in eum fugiat quibusdam consequuntur. Est tempore expedita beatae explicabo et. Sit quia autem quibusdam eligendi corporis autem asperiores. Eaque explicabo quia et tempora. Eius esse ullam cupiditate molestiae rem quod id sapiente. Sed iste enim iure aliquid ex nihil.

Quaerat maiores vel laudantium deleniti dolorum voluptas ipsa. Temporibus est voluptas illo vel sunt molestiae et. Tempora aut eveniet facere quasi. Consequatur enim recusandae vitae architecto doloribus excepturi. Voluptates deserunt quos rerum ipsum quidem non nobis. Porro maxime quasi sit nobis doloribus et sunt.

Est atque nostrum eaque exercitationem rerum. Ut ab qui est nam suscipit. Et commodi aut recusandae nostrum et ipsa occaecati ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”