Most Helpful

As a preface, please do not mock DB. I'm sure they are still a better bank than what most of your prospects and interns are going to.

Thank you

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

Dude, you are nervous about an internship from DB. I've actually worked in IB for a while...

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

I don't comment on every single thread. I can name several thousand threads on which I have not commented. Please do your reseach before posting ionline.

Check the DB app. Global virtual start date is July 6, gonna be for 4wks. That’s literally all anyone knows. We know just as much as the next intern. Not even the analysts I’ve talked to know what the structure’s gonna be like

Yeah idk why either lmao. Literally not a single intern knows, like I’ve spoken to ~35 employees internally within DB since beginning of April and not a single person even knew when the fuckin start date was until yesterday.

The most HR could provide the interns was that there could potentially be an online case study but even that’s not confirmed.

Yeah. The way they phrased it seems weird given that there aren't even going to be rotations/desks but they want to use this as a way to evaluate interns and show our accomplishments. Sounds dumb but are they going to use this as a way to figure out how to differentiate people? Also didn't we already submit our CV two months ago during onboarding? Whats the point of submitting this again

Wait are people still going to upload updated CVs despite them taking back that email?

Might as well just be proactive and spend 30 minutes doinh it instead of not do it and then have HR have to contact you and ask why you didn't

Lmao what is taking them so long to send the offer letter if it's just to extend the dates. Are people that need to figure out work authorization gonna have enough time with just a couple of days? Could they be adding more pay or guaranyeed FT?

Funniest

If they change to full pay, I’ll record myself drinking my own pee and link it here. Pinky swear.

Intern in IB - Ind:
Possibility of auto ft or increase in pay?

auto ft: basically zero chance since there's no way they wont first make a huge PR show out of this like what Citi did before amending contracts

full pay: same logic but slightly higher chance i guess? No reason they won't announce it first, also doesn't make sense for them to backtrack, looks bad on HR

its probably just gonna be a couple paragraphs about how due to circumstances the program has now been reduced to 4wks w/ 4wks pay

so we no longer have to do fingerprint, drug test, and compliance and conflict screening unless I’m reading that wrong

Did you take notes by any chance or what was interesting about it? Just trying to get an idea of what i missed

Did everyone else just get a bunch of Workday notifications from DB? I tried clicking the link but the website doesn’t load. Same problem for everyone else?

anyone know if we are paying NYC taxes even though most of us are not in NYC? i feel like we shouldnt

I got the login info email, but it’s not letting me log in. I was able to use the 8 digit code to get in initially and create a PIN, but then it logged me out. I can’t log back in now. Can anyone help?

did anyone not get a token login email at all? I just got the initial emailing explaining the token thing but never received a followup

Any idea what training will look like? Also do we have to have our camera on at all times/8 or however many hours that we're working straight?

Do we have a Groupme or groupchat going? If not I am happy to create one - i think it would be helpful going into the internship.

imo probably better to just wait until the internship starts. you prob dont want randoms joining the group chat. the platform will probably have some chat/forum function anyways

I'm not sure whether we are supposed to wait until Monday to log into the system or we are supposed to test now if it works?

After I log in, it says Token Resync Required. Please enter an additional token code to continue.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Yeah the hour that they have reserved for IT tomorrow will forsure get extended to 2 hours. Also does anyone think that an intern groupie of some sort will be created within the next few days?

Okay I was able to get through. I realized you have to click on the arrow at the bottom of the app after typing in your PIN. But now I can't log into the Citrix virtual desktop. Says my account is disabled.

Non sunt nihil sit dolor occaecati repellendus. Tempore et ducimus excepturi laborum. Nulla voluptates et est debitis aut qui ea porro. Occaecati eligendi dolorem consequatur omnis.

Veritatis ipsam ut exercitationem itaque voluptas asperiores. Nostrum tenetur deserunt quidem adipisci est. Magni voluptas quaerat reprehenderit asperiores. Mollitia incidunt consequatur mollitia delectus qui. Est aperiam nulla rem. Commodi voluptatem reiciendis itaque dolore blanditiis.

Rem debitis dicta laboriosam. Aut sequi provident rerum quibusdam consequuntur velit quisquam magnam. Sint saepe magnam ullam sunt voluptatem et. Provident laboriosam tempore sapiente rerum distinctio quam. Qui labore fuga saepe quis ad quaerat et. Ducimus omnis beatae ullam nisi sit hic quod.

Vel corrupti voluptatem tenetur consectetur velit quod quia odio. Cumque qui ut saepe animi ea inventore recusandae.

Est asperiores voluptatum esse sit eos neque quia. Impedit nisi ratione consequatur consequatur. Quia suscipit possimus iusto optio nihil voluptatem rerum. Aliquid error sunt ipsam in possimus repudiandae.

Non est nisi rem ipsa sint quo quia. Rerum qui rem asperiores praesentium corporis sapiente suscipit. Velit alias impedit omnis labore. Alias ipsum eum praesentium veniam totam est.

Sint occaecati error a accusantium odit corporis. Est perferendis rerum ut illum.

Praesentium id ex placeat temporibus fugit ex reprehenderit et. Minima a sit sunt consectetur totam. A ipsum assumenda sunt sed. Quia dolorum fuga et porro quaerat. Accusantium repellat ut recusandae. Mollitia id eveniet distinctio qui corporis officiis qui. Qui voluptas eveniet sunt deserunt.

Neque harum consequatur aliquid excepturi ut. Enim accusantium voluptates velit odio asperiores. Cum porro sed quia quia. Aut et a dolore accusantium sunt eligendi enim.

Aut ut quae voluptatibus rerum neque voluptate. Voluptatum odit ipsa sed vitae rerum consectetur tenetur sit. Dignissimos quam sunt suscipit deleniti labore quo quasi. Sunt natus id vel eos repudiandae. Commodi ab sed sed esse. Exercitationem itaque ut ea illo repudiandae et. Ab autem harum eos ut blanditiis odit cum.

Hic cumque totam molestiae voluptatem laudantium odit. Iure qui doloribus corrupti aut corporis dolore. Culpa voluptatibus laborum vel autem velit.

Expedita deleniti est iure hic doloremque. Expedita cumque nemo ducimus error non in quia. Perspiciatis eos sunt consequatur ad quisquam ullam dolores. Libero voluptatem eum ducimus mollitia et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”