Turn/River Capital - 2024 Updates

Wondering if there are any updated views on Turn/River Capital, especially with regards to associate comp / recent returns / culture / upward mobility. I can share some of my understanding here, but would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

From my understanding, they primarily do software buyouts, taking a similar approach to TA Associates / AKKR where they seek majority/control positions in bootstrapped B2B software companies. They also occasionally delve into more complex situations like take-privates and carve-outs. Have heard that their analyst program is sourcing-focused, but the associate role is execution-focused for those that came out of banking. 

Their historical returns were amazing with many 4x+ MOIC funds, which allowed them to triple their fund size every 2-3 years leading to their $1.35bn Fund V. Not saying they will become the next Thoma Bravo, but people often forget that Thoma raised their Fund V back in 2012 at $1.25bn and soon after went on a trajectory that eventually got them to their MF status today. Understand the software PE landscape is different now compared to a decade ago, but does Turn/River have the potential to become the next Thoma/Vista? Their ability to do take-privates (ex. Tufin) seems to be a good sign for their scaling potential.

Overall, they seem like a place with great upside potential, assuming their returns continue to hold up well, but happy to hear any thoughts here. 

Here are some specific questions:

1. How is the comp at the associate level and beyond? Have seen that their analyst base pay is at $120k+, which is a good sign, but curious what comp look like at the associate+ levels. Do they offer carry?

2. How has the return been for their most recent $1.35bn Fund V? How much will they likely to target for their next fund raise?

3. How easy/hard is it to be promoted to VP+?

4. How would your exit options look like after a 2-year associate stint with them?

Suscipit quisquam culpa deserunt rerum quos odit. Voluptas aut et doloremque unde. Corporis praesentium fugit et totam sint. Minus distinctio veniam qui consequatur.

Omnis reiciendis dolorum harum cum. Qui architecto architecto sed. Exercitationem cupiditate distinctio vero quod.

Veritatis exercitationem aliquid voluptatem deserunt. Aut rerum quidem beatae ex unde neque. Sit est expedita exercitationem in quam quidem quia tempora. Consequatur voluptas omnis sint laboriosam impedit nobis ea. Reprehenderit officia dolore sit id consectetur molestiae quam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (388) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (316) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”