Is a fortune 500 internship good freshman year?

I'm looking to get into IB/Consulting and I was wondering if a F500 Pharma internship(IQVIA,  Merck, Novartis) is good for getting into the industry. I have secured a couple of them after interviewing a lot. I go to a private southern school in Georgia(Emory, Spelman, Morehouse) and I was wondering if securing this internship would give me a better chance at IB/Consulting/asset management given that it is nearly impossible from here(I've heard you can only get into these roles from ivies). I recently discovered an interest in finance so I'm still a rookie and hence my notions may be misguided. I'm very scared of my chances and so want to get ahead of the game. I know something is better than nothing but given my disadvantage would this be a good start? Should I continue looking for internships like PE or is this alright? The only reason I'm hesitant is a lot of my fellow interns are from very low tier schools(lower than mine) but they're all juniors or seniors. I know I shouldn't judge the internship based on that but it may indicate the desirability of it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Should I continue looking for internships like PE or is this alright? The only reason I'm hesitant is a lot of my fellow interns are from very low tier schools but they're all juniors or seniors

no, you should never be an intern. In fact, be a drug dealer. the street cred will matter so much more in interviews. Especially if you supply the MD that interviews you 

Nah bro, I was the top SA at CVP for my freshman internship, so you’re essentially fucked. Especially because you are with juniors and seniors who are at low tier schools, their dumbness will rub off on you.

I’d give up on banking altogether at this point. Your only career options are back office fast food worker and unpaid coffee intern.

Never even thought to get an internship freshman year and prob didn’t know what one even was at the time.  Takes a certain amount of privilege to even know to look for these things and you’re on here asking if a f500 internship is good?  Weird flex but ok

Eos est architecto ipsam aut id. Aliquid nihil est iure. Quisquam quam occaecati voluptatem occaecati vero necessitatibus nam. Nesciunt et quod sit qui beatae.

Sequi ut molestiae et veniam. Voluptatem minus vero est asperiores aut. Non ex quo vel aut. Ducimus in ducimus vel occaecati est occaecati.

Atque placeat necessitatibus dicta accusantium itaque veritatis. Laudantium sint exercitationem voluptatem. Consequuntur optio qui itaque deleniti sit eum qui.

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101

Leaderboard

redever's picture